Advocates had the opportunity to hear first-hand from NACHC policy and advocacy staff today during a live TeleForum phone call. The main topic of discussion was upcoming deadlines in Congress that will directly affect health center funding and access to care.
As a follow up to the call, click here to read the latest blog post on how sequestration may reduce all existing health center grants by 9%.
As emphasized over and over during the TeleForum, health center advocates need to call, email and meet with Members of Congress RIGHT NOW, and over the next few months!
Here is what you can do:
1. Call your Members of Congress using the toll-free Health Center Advocacy Hotline – 1-866-456-3949 – and tell your U.S. Senators and Representative: “Stop the sequester!” Learn more about the sequester and our request to Congress here.
2. Email your Members of Congress – click here to sign a pre-written letter to your Members, and please feel free to change and customize the letter!
3. The week of February 18th is President’s Day recess, meaning your Members of Congress will be back home. Please take advantage of this opportunity to invite your Members to visit your health center, or see if you could schedule a brief in-person meeting to discuss your concerns about sequestration and health center funding. Click here for tips on how to schedule a meeting, and please let us know if your Member agrees to a meeting.
4. Plan to travel to D.C. during NACHC’s 2013 Policy & Issues Forum, March 20-23, 2013, to meet with Members of Congress on the Hill – click here to register for the Forum.
5. Stay up-to-date on the latest health center policy and advocacy news by signing up for the NACHC Washington Update weekly e-newsletter.
Missed today’s TeleForum? Click here to access a recording, and to sign up to receive future TeleForum calls.
Thank you for all of your work in reaching out to Members of Congress! Please help us spread the word by encouraging your health center friends to take action, too. If you have any questions about our current health center advocacy action items, or if you have feedback to report from a Member of Congress you reached out to, please email email@example.com.